Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sunset on Fraser
Well, I've nearly finished my painting
I haven't had the opportunity to do many ocean scenes so this was a big learning experience. This photo doesn't really do it justice, I haven't quite finished the water.
I learned that sometimes a small flat brush is better for fine lines than a fine round and that pretty much how I did the water.
I also learned there's more than one reason to use liquin. In this painting, I used it to glaze a blue gray over the red and so the red shone through. There are discussions on whether we need more than the single bird that is on the photo, I chose the photo because it's serene and represents a quiet moment so I don't feel the need to make it more interesting, anyway if you want to see the lessons on Barb's Blog, here's the shortcut
Fraser Island Sunset

1 comment: